Procom Hiring – Proposal Manager
Posted by sweens on July 29, 2010
Position: Proposal Manager
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Job Description: Procom is searching for a Proposal Coordinator to lead in the design and development of winning responses to client request for proposal competitions. The successful candidate will assume a leadership role in the RFP process and be an essential member of Procom’s business development team.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Take ownership of the RFP process and work with Sales and Recruiting counterparts to develop excellent responses to client RFP processes.
- Chair proposal kick-off meetings and run opportunity assessment matrix process.
- Writing of tailored proposal responses, and working with client service teams to develop their proposal responses according to the prospects expectations.
- Ensures the consistent delivery of compliant responses to an RFP on time and within budget. This includes coordination of bid writing activities and schedules so that proposals are developed, reviewed and signed-off in a timely manner. Prepares a schedule of bid activities identifying key milestones and delivery targets;
- Assisting recruiters on qualifying candidates and ensuring compliance (generate recruiting checklist, candidate matrices, candidate tracking sheets, etc.)
- Remain current on all proposal amendments and modifications, and ensure that the proposal is updated accordingly using quality grammar and content.
- Coordinates the proposal production process, including word processing, graphics, proofreading, and production of all proposals to ensure consistency of language, formats, and graphics and an overall high standard of quality.
- Creation and application of proposal development tools, such as compliance matrices, evaluation criteria weighting, proposal outlines, proposal templates.
- Monitoring opportunities on various bid sites
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time which are compatible with the position.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferably in, English, communication, journalism business or other related industry. • Have a solid understanding of Government procurement processes and policies, proposal processes and excellent teamwork.
- Significant experience in proposal development including – proposal preparation, reviewing costing sheets, review and approval process.
- Skill requirements include good organization and planning, problem solving, analytical skills, in-depth product knowledge, attention to detail, research, and excellent written and oral communication. Ability to prioritize multi-tasked functions and work under deadlines.
- Working knowledge of MS Office business applications
- Must be a team player and have a strong desire to support internal/external customers
- Knowledge of technical skill sets and IT terminology
- Ability to become Secret-cleared.
PROCOM is a leading provider of IT services in North America, PROCOM and PROCOM SERVICES currently have more than 3500 consultants on assignment and place hundreds of people in permanent positions annually. For over 30 years, we have been finding high-quality jobs for our candidates. Our policies of maintaining open communication with both clients and candidates consistently make us the IT Firm of Choice. PROCOM and PROCOM SERVICES are committed to employment equity and make every attempt to allow equal representation for all within the workplace.